Monday 23 February 2009

Welcome

Hi There folks,
welcome to the launch of the Web Comics List. As the title suggests its gonna be a list of webcomics that I read or have read and think you should be reading them too.  I looked around the big ol' Internet for a resource that could help me in my own quest to find good online comics and I've found the Internet wanting.

There may be cools sites like zuda.com, Drunk Duck and onlinecomics.net but they, i feel cover too much and don't filter out the drivel, well the last 2 don't. Zuda does have a high standard but that does not mean that they are all good.

There are millions of online comics out there and lots of them are really good. I personally am not a big fan of manga or fanstasy stuff and have never really been tempted to spend my hard earned cash on a title in the store that wont float my boat. That's where the web is different , for the most part web comics are free. I'm not talking about torrents and stuff I'm talking about people out there that publish their own work online and make it available for everyone.
So i come across a few manga and fantasy online comics I'm much more likely to give them a look and have become hooked on few things that ordinarily i would have avoided like the plague.

This blog is in no way intended to make you read every comic I list, but is simply a tool for you all to use to find something good to read when you have a spare 5 or 10 mins.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments: